To write a post with the best beauty products of the past year is not an easy task. That's why I decided to write three posts. Today I am going to show you my top 14 drugstore beauty products of 2014. The next two posts will be Top 14 books of 2014 and Top 14 high end beauty products of 2014. So let's not waste any more time because this is going to be a long post. The best drugsore beauty products of 2014 according to me are:
1. L'Oreal Collection Exclusive - When I first heard that L'Oreal are coming up with a collection of red lipsticks I though that I am going to pass them completely. I ended up buying Blake Lively's shade (review here) because I like her. I was so impressed with the colors in this collection, these are amazing red shades. I recently bought the lipstick signed by Frida too. Blake's pure red is a darker classic red shade, Frida's pure red is a pinkish red. Although the colors are stunning and the packaging is beautiful I have some problems with the formulation of these lipsticks. Frida's pure red is a more hydrating lipstick and it feathers so badly. This is not a problem with Blake's pure red, but this one is not that easy to wear too. The colors are intense and very pigmented and they leave marks everywhere - on glasses, if you touch your face by accident, you can even stain your clothes. These are exactly the kind of lipsticks that men hate, but women love because thay give them confidence. I like them!
2. Maybelline Color drama intense lip pencils - To be honest I can't think of a bad thing to say about these lipsticks - gorgeous colors, affordable price, good formulation. I've written about them here and I definitely recommend them.
3. Rimmel Apocalips lip laquer - I haven't mentioned this product before, but I really like it. Now there is a matte version of this lipstick too and after I get my hands on one I may write a separate post. I own the shade Luna, I am not sure that you can get this color in Bulgaria. I ordered mine online because here these lipsticks came out just recently and I couldn't wait to try them.
4. Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks - I recently bought two of these lipsticks and I'll post a review soon. I really like how hydrating they are.
5. Catrice beautifying lip smoother - I've written about this product here, it's a more affordable alternative to the famous Clarins Lip Perfector.
6. Cartice Velvet Matte eyeshadow - I need to write a review of this product too. The only thing that I don't like about this eyeshadow is that it is so easy to shatter.
7. Bourjois cream blush in the shade 02 Healthy Glow - I adore this blush, the color looks very natural, the formulation is easy to apply, it smells really nice of roses (smells like the Bourjois powder blushes). You can get this product in Bulgaria, but it is a little bit difficult to find. If you spot it somewhere, buy it and you won't regret.
8. Bourjois bronzing products - I wrote a post about them here, they smell amazing of chocolate and are all around great bronzers.
9. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick - These lippies are for bright colors lovers and they have matte finish. I own the shade 05 Ole flamingo. The formulation is long-lasting and it does not dry out my lips.
10. Nivea lip butter Vanilla & Macadamia - This year we finally got the Nivea lip butters here in Bulgaria. I own all flavours, but Vanilla & Macadamia is my favourite and I use it every day.
11. Zoeva Luxe Creme lipsticks - These lipsticks are just amazing, I've written about them here. The formulation is very pigmented, zero feathering, they are hydrating. There aren't many color options though and I hope that they add more wintery shades. I can't wait for spring to come so I can wear the pink shade Floral Crown.
12. L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Mono eyeshadow - Last year L'Oreal reformulated and redesigned their eyeshadow range and the new formulation is just great. I have the shade Lumiere, you can read more about it here.
13. NYX Butter gloss - I am totally obsessed with these lip glosses and I currently own four. The shade that I reach for the most is Tiramisu. There will be a post about them soon.
14. Maybelline New York Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick in Fuchsia Flash - I adore bright pink and this is the best pink lipstick I've ever tried.